Key relationships – Employees
We invest in future talent while challenging our people so that they are able to leverage the opportunities presented by global megatrends.
- Making resources available to enable our people to grow intellectually, fulfil their potential and drive innovation within Sappi.
- Creating an ethical culture.
- Connecting our people to our strategic goals.
- Focusing on safety, health, wellness and recognition programmes.
- Promoting corporate citizenship.
- Training targets and initiatives are aligned with the needs of each region (see People – Training initiatives).
- Code of Ethics communication and training is ongoing in all regions (see Key material issues – Ethical behaviour and corruption).
- Employee Engagement Surveys held every two years measures engagement levels.
- All our people are involved in our safety drive.
- Recognition programmes at group and regional level.
- Eco-effectiveness campaign (SEU) highlights how we generate results to make our business more sustainable.
- Encouraging employee volunteerism through initiatives like the Employee Ideas that Matter initiative through which we provide grants to employees to fund their individual projects to support good in local communities (SNA); support of various local education, cultural and environmental projects based on annual requests and identified needs (SEU); Employee Wellbeing Committees at each mill support local community projects and also support Mandela Day (SSA).