Key relationships – Unions
Given today’s extremely challenging global economic conditions and the current socio-economic dynamics in the South African labour market, we prioritise our relationship with our employees and their representatives.
- Freedom of association and collective bargaining.
- Safety and wellness initiatives.
- Remuneration, working hours and other conditions of service.
- Resolution of grievances.
- Engagement on strategy.
- We recognise the rights of our employees to associate freely and bargain collectively, consistent with regional laws and regulations.
- Unions are involved in health and safety committees at each mill.
- SEU: Collective labour agreements.
- SNA: Collective bargaining with hourly paid employees and labour agreements with various unions.
- SSA: Employees (collective bargaining); forestry workers (sectoral determination/consultation).
- Well-established grievance channels and disciplinary procedures.
- Engage with unions on economic conditions, market dynamics and growth plans.